Saturday, May 2, 2009

International Worker's Day...

Up until yesterday, I had never even heard of this. This holiday also known as May Day is a day to celebrate all the achievements the international labor movement did. In most countries this day is celebrated with street demonstrations and marches but here in the U.S. we don't even know what it is. Now I am wondering why we don't hold demonstrations, marches, and/or parades for this day that brought so much glory in the older days? I think it's because our government has brainwashed us to forget about these holidays that mark such great achievements done by "the people" for "the people". Why else would most of my class, friends, and family members that I asked not know what May Day is? This holiday was something so big before and has become just another day in the American Way of Life.

No comments: