Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'll Be At The Market....

In my family, we go to the supermarket every week. When my parents go to the supermarket, they buy tons of junk and snacks for us to munch on. We get a lot of vegetables just because when my parents do cook they like vegetables in their meals. We don't buy a lot of fruits usually but my stepmother has been having cravings for fruit so we've been buying more than usual. We buy lots and lots of pastas, bread, and rice. We make almost every type of pasta in the world. Overall I think we shop pretty much normal. We're all extremely picky in the house so my parents buy according to everyone's needs. Dinner is also made according to everyone's needs.

When I do accompany them though I noticed that supermarkets try to push the junk food a lot. An example of them doing this would be putting candy bars right by the register. They do this so that children can pester their parents right at the register for sugar. Supermarkets also put junk food in every aisle of the supermarket. Even if it is just at the beginning or end of the aisle. I think they do this so that children can constantly keep bringing up these bad foods to their parents and the parents eventually give in. My parents never really make me eat anything I don't like so they taught me to eat according to my taste buds. My favorite meal is pizza. I love pizza for some strange reason. My favorite home-cooked meal is arroz con fidellos and chuletas. I have no idea how to write that in English so just guess at what it is. I don't really have a eating plan. I eat when I'm hungry and I eat whatever I feel like eating.

No comments: